Thursday, June 28, 2012

VACA!!!

I love summer! Although the weather hasn't been exactly what I would consider to be "summer" weather, it's still time for VACATIONS!!  Here's a recap of the Olsen's most recent adventure with my parents to the Eagle Crest Resort in Redmond, OR:


Miss Emmalyn is ready to hit the road! Sunglasses and a magnadoodle (the wonderful suggestion from a mom of 3!) are essentials for our 4 hour road trip!  After spending the night in Grandview, we load up and follow mom and dad to our vacation destination.

While the magnadoodle entertained Emmalyn for a good hour, that hardly made a dent in our road trip. So...enter, DVD player!

The movie captured Emmalyn's attention for awhile, but not long enough. 
 So...enter, Grammy!

Grammy hopped into our car and rode with us for the remainder of our drive. A plus side to traveling with grandparents: build in entertainment!

Finally, after some road construction, crazy drivers (anyone drive a red Toyota Camry??), and a few stops, we finally roll into our final destination: EAGLE CREST!

I've been coming to the Eagle Crest Resort with my parents for over 20 years! Now I'm excited that Emmalyn gets to come and enjoy what Eagle Crest and the surrounding area has to offer.


We visited the High Desert Museum in Bend, OR.  The High Desert Museum is an indoor/outdoor museum that showcases some native animals to the area in the animal exhibits, but also shows a lot of history about the area.  The otter was sleeping, and we had to leave Birds of Prey show before we were asked to leave on account of Emmalyn's squealing (apparently it startles the birds), but we did enjoy seeing a bobcat, a lynx, a porquepine, and two huge bald eagles. 

Then, of course, there is swimming!
Emmalyn's teeth chattered most of the time, but she loved it anyway!!

Mom, Emmalyn and I had a girl's day in downtown Redmond while dad and Mike golfed.  Emmalyn took time to stop and smell the flowers...and suprisingly did not rip off too many of the petals!


One of my favorite things to do in Oregon is shop...TAX FREE!!! Emmalyn, however, was not so impressed.  Talk about shop til you drop!

I'm willing to bet that my parents' favorite part of this vacation was all the quality time with Emmalyn!



My most memorable part of this vacation was all the wildlife!


There were ducks and geese...lots of geese, which Emmalyn enjoyed feeding, and chasing!

Then there were chipmunks, which Mike enjoyed feeding by hand!

Our favorite animal encounter was with Bambi!  This deer had no fear and cozied on up to us, even tried to come into our townhouse!

Mom said it would not be a good idea for us to feed the deer...we did it anyway...


I really wanted to get a picture of Emmalyn with the deer, but as I inched closer to this few hundred pound wild animal with my first born in my arms, I decided that nothing about that was a good idea. So I passed Emmalyn off and snapped a picture of mom posing with the deer, as it took a few steps closer to our front door!



Three days flew by and it was time to come home.  Our vacation was way too short, as most vacations are, but we had a wonderful time! I'm already looking forward to our next vacation!!





2 comments:

  1. Yea for Eagle Crest! I love that place :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love seeing your vacation like this in blog. I love the shop till you drop. Looks like you guys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete