Friday, May 2, 2014

The $6 Command Center

Command centers are wildly popular and are definately all over Pinterest!  Although our family isn't extremely busy (yet), we did have a small need for a little organization. Many of the examples I found online were a little too fancy for our needs.  So, check out my simple, $6 solution to a family command center.  

Here are my supplies:
Picture frames ($1 store)x3.........$3
Dry erase markers ($1 store).......$1
Stickers (Michaels, w/coupon).....$1
Paper (Michaels, on sale).............$1
Paint chip strips ..FREE (sorry,Walmart)

My command center was super easy to put together, I had it on the wall in less than 15 minutes!  The wonderful thing about scrapbook paper is that it should be pretty easy to find some colors and patterns to coordinate with your kitchen colors.  Or, you can change the colors for different holidays or seasons! 
 
I used the stickers for the "Notes" and the "Menu" boards.  If you have great handwriting you really don't need stickers and could save that $1! Then I arranged my paint strips on the 3rd paper with tape.  Remove the sample photos from the frames and replace with the scrapbook paper. Voila! Simple command center!

Here are picture of the individual boards:



Hopefully you have a couple of small nails to hang your boards.  If you are against holes in the wall, use some command strips.  Here's the finished product:


Have fun creating your own command center!


No comments:

Post a Comment